The Disabled American Veterans of Minnesota (DAV MN) is set to host their third annual “Military Appreciation Family Day at the Farm”. This is a day to acknowledge and thank our disabled American veterans who continue to sacrifice past their days of active service. This year will pay special honor to our Vietnam Veterans.
Sutton Ridge Farm has volunteered to open their property for this delightful day of fun, family, and community. Jennifer Jensen, Farmer, owner & operator of Sutton Ridge Farm states, “We, along with our community, are seeking to be a blessing to our military veterans and thank them with a day of honor and enjoyment.” This event not only provides support to families of all military members and veterans, but also increases awareness of the services offered by Minnesota DAV and presents a variety of available resources. Activities offered at the event include:
– DAV MN keynote speaker
– Speakers from various Veteran organizations
– Flag raising ceremony by a local Veteran’s Color Guard
– Military fly-over by the T-6 Thunder Flight Team
– Live musical performances by international jazz artist, Johnny Holliday and Willie Moore
– Kids boot camp featuring a 60-foot-long obstacle course with inflatable climbing wall
– Various farm activities including sheep shearing, corn shelling and self-guided farm tours
– Catered lunch and many free concessions
– Silent Auction
– Minnesota Military Radio on-site with host, Tom Lyons, Vietnam Veteran, USAF
– Hay wagon rides, local vendors and more!
This event is free to all military members, $8 for military families, $20 for the public, and free for children 5 and under. To learn more and register, visit at davmn.org/events. Registration deadline is 9/06/22.
WHEN: Saturday, September 10, 2022: 10am – 4pm, gates open at 9:30am
WHERE: Sutton Ridge Farm, 1500 West 200th Street, Jordan, MN 55352
WHO: Military members (Active Duty, Reservists/National Guard, Retired) and their families, the general public.
1500 W 200TH ST
JORDAN , Minnesota 55352